Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Triple Oreo Cupcakes~

These are the BEST Oreo cupcake I have ever tasted if I do say so myself. If you are afraid of a chocolate overload you could go for a Vanilla cupcake instead. IT still would be amazing! In fact I may try that next just for fun!
 You will need....
1 package of Oreo cookies ( mine are Halloween version that is why they are orange)
24 cupcake wrappers of your choice
1 Cake mix ( I used Devils Food) or your favorite cake mix recipe.
Ingredients as Directed on Cake mix if you so choose.
Add caption
Icing or Homemade icing, I used home made cream cheese Icing I will share the recipe as soon as I remember it. Its that easy.

Start by placing a full Oreo cookie in the bottom of each Cupcake Wrapper. Don't crush it or cut it. They stay crispy and it is a really nice Crunch for the cupcake and super fun surprise.
Rough Chop about half of your remaining Oreos. These can be chunky because they co in the batter.
Next mix your Cake according to directions. After you have it mixed add the rough chopped oreos to your batter and mix jut until incorporated into the batter. Maybe a minute at most. Then add your batter as usual to your cupcake tin/wrappers. On top of your whole oreo cookies. Cook according to directions.
While your cupcakes are cooking make your frosting or empty a can of frosting into a mixing bowl. Chop the remaining cookies very very fine, you can use a food processor for this part if you would like. Make sure they are nice and fine so that if you use a pastry bag and tip that the chunks won't get stuck.
When your cupcakes are done they should look a little something like this. Let them cook and Ice them and decorate as desired and then eat them. You will be IN HEAVEN! ENJOY!






1 comment:

  1. These look yummy. I am not the fondest of oreos. But I would like to try a golden oreo version.

    ReplyDelete