Friday, September 23, 2011

A is for Acorn

Colin had a special day at Preschool! It was his VIP day! For this special day he got to bring treats for his entire class. Since it was "A" week we made Chocolate Acorns! Here is how we did it! 
What you need is some Mini Nilla wafers, Hershey Kisses and melting chocolate ( I prefer Wilton's). 


 1. I started by melting  my chocolate in the microwave and then put it in a small baggie, snipped the corner and used it like a pastry bag. 

 2.I then set out all my nilla wafers and put a dab of Chocolate on the top for the stem.

3. After the chocolate was dry, I then took my Hersey's kiss and covered the flat top with a layer of melted chocolate from my bag. 

4. Finally I topped the Kiss with a wafer! Its that easy. I placed them upside down to dry! I made 45 and it took me about 30mins or so! They are so fun and super easy!!!

1 comment:

  1. these are so so cute. i bet they would be a real party pleaser. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete