Friday, September 30, 2011

Ooo La La Lace Necklace

So the funniest part about this necklace is that after I finished C (he's 4)  picked it up and said "Ooo la la ma ma that is nice" Oh how sweet my little 4 year old is! I love him.
Are you ready, this will be quick cause it is SO EASY! First I dropped by Walmart is Am and got a bag of Marbles. They were back in the floral department, it cost my $4 for a 3lb bag! That is A TON of marbles but I Didn't see a smaller bag so I went with it. You can use any beads though!




Here are the supplies I used. Ribbon, lace and marbles, I also used a button at the end for the center of my flower. you could do without a flower or try something else!



1. Gather your Supplies!
2. Sew a tube of your fabric or tulle. It only needs to be as wide as your marble or bead.If you are using a printed fabric make sure that you sew right sides together.
3. Turn your tube right side out. You can use a safety pin to make it easy and quick.
4. Tie your first knot where you want your beads or necklace to start, I wanted to use ribbon so I filled my entire tube with marbles then sewed the ribbon on later.
5. After your first knot drop in a marble or bead and make a knot on the opposite side of the marble. Then drop in you next marble and repeat with as many marbles as you would like.
6. Tie off your last marble and wear as is or add a flower or bow make multiple strands or add chains. The possibilities are endless! HAVE fun~ I'm going to make one for the girls now!

Happy Crafting~!
Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment