Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Decor

So When we moved recently the amount of Square footage in our home went Down significantly but some how my decorating space went way up! Not that I am complaining, J has never been much of a nic-nak holiday decor type person, so needless to say he doesn't love me spending oodles on decorating for fall but I  Love fall decor so we improvised a little and I went to the local thrift store and got these empty glass jars. 
I started by spray painting the tops Yellow and orange. This was super simple, it might have had better coverage had I used a primer first but I kinda liked the way it looked so I left it. * I did about 3 coats of spray paint.

Using some of my FAVE glue e600 * you can find it at your local craft store or Walmart. Its good for all sorts of things you want to stick and stay stuck!

 Then I found these guys at my local dollar store and sprayed them black. * again I used 2-3 coats.


I put a ring of glue around the top.
Set the Jar on top and let it dry. * at least an hour I would say. It may stick good before that but just to be safe.
Same thing for the orange one!
Now this I Just picked up this orange plate at DI and the candle stick holder. Put glue on it and poof its fall decor!

I made the tall orange plate which I already had that and the candle stick holder, it was larger for like a pillar candle but still worked great. So here is what I Have so far, I feel like I need a few more things, maybe a runner or something to complete it.  Super easy and super cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment